Business Analyst/Project Manager, Full-Time Role
Vertical Motion is seeking a Business Analyst – Project Manager – Account/Relationship Manager (this role has a lot of names – what do you want your title to be?) to join our growing ‘Ground Control’ client success team. Ideally with a background in software or technology and/or business analysis, you love getting to know your clients’ businesses and helping them succeed. If you like to focus on solutions and act as the advocate for client goals and best practices, we’d love to hear from you!
If you are interested and would like to hear more, send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
Our ideal candidate is driven and curious. You love the idea of working at home, but want the structure of a collaborative full-time environment. You will essentially be a “Manager of One,” responsible for hitting deadlines, balancing priorities, and communicating updates independently, while maintaining relationships with your fellow team members. You will also have the following qualities:
- Natural enthusiasm and a hunger for knowledge
- You pride yourself in developing solutions that adhere to industry best practices in areas such as design, performance, user experience, and scalability
- Experience with startup environments and working remotely, including using online collaboration tools
- Good written and verbal communication skills, specifically the ability to express complex technical concepts effectively to audiences with a diverse knowledge base
- Excellent organizational skills and strong multi-tasking abilities, thriving on multiple projects and tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to tell at least one (1) good joke
- Post-secondary education or commensurate experience in either Computer Sciences, Engineering, Information Systems or any related technical or business fields
- Ability to evaluate business processes, anticipate and uncover requirements, process flow diagrams, running testing scenarios and coordinating with a development team to ensure requirements are met
- Worked with developers on layout technical design and accurate documentation
- Gather critical information from meetings with various stakeholders and produce useful reports; create, review, and clarify use case scenarios with stakeholders
- Can apply agile methodologies and complex problem-solving skills to develop and deploy integration solutions in cloud, on premises and hybrid environments.
IT’S A BONUS IF YOU HAVE EXPERIENCE WITH:
- Any kind of project management designation
- Experience with automated testing environments
- Experience with Zendesk, Reamaze, JIRA, or Confluence; generally, experience with Agile backlog/project management tools
- Experience collaborating with UX resources to complete wireframes/mockups with tools such as Axure, Visio, Balsamiq, etc.
Bulleted lists are a not a complete measure of a person, of course. If you think you have something to offer in this environment but you don’t check every box, contact us anyway and tell us what you can bring to the table!
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
You’ll gain a full-time role with a salary and benefits that still grants freedom and flexibility. With your commitment of five development days per week, we’ll provide Great West Life benefits, a work-from-home virtual office model, and a supportive team environment. If you hit your deadlines, maintain your tickets, reply to e-mails, and collaborate in conferences and meetings within core hours, we can negotiate flex time and provide room for growth.
Interested? Contact us at email@example.com.We’re looking forward to meeting you!
Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. This is a Calgary-based position and please note at this time we do not offer offshore/nearshore work opportunities or relocation/sponsorship assistance.